Pictures
Tel Aviv & JaffoIsrael's Manhattan and Jaffo, one of the world's oldest cities.
Jaffa Gate & Arab Shuk
Where the bomb was recently found on the 25 year old boy in a routine security check - I mentioned this in a previous post with link to article in J'salem Post.
Yemin Moshe
Very wealthy neighborhood in Jerusalem - first neighborhood outside of the walled city and the first to have public sanitation. People who lived here survied a cholera epidemic which wiped out much of J'salem. There's also a picture of what is said to be King Herod's tomb. It's has the roll away stone like the Garden Tomb which the Anglican's claim is the tomb owned by Joseph of Arimathea and used to inter the body of Jesus. I hope to make it there before I leave.
* Notice the picture with the new wall seperating the Palestinian territory (at the very top) and Gehinnom, A.K.A. "Hell" at the bottom
Sinatra Cafeteria
This is the cafeteria at Hebrew University, Mt. Scopus Campus where I sometimes eat lunch.
As mentioned in an earlier post, this was the site of a suicide bombing in 2002. The displaced tree is a memorial of the blast which killed 9 and injured 80. The bomber was a cafeteria employee.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home