I'M-a LEA-vin ON a jet PLANE...
For the Worryworts out there, I am leaving Tel Aviv bound for JFK and ultimately Rochester on the morning of August 1st - leaving at 10:40. That puts me in Rochester sometime around 10PM on the First, your time. So. I'll be seeing you all soon.
This morning, I got up extra early to get a cab to the Temple Mount/Dome of the Rock. There are very sparse hours when they allow non-muslims up there and under extremely tight security, but I didn't want to not make it up this trip and today was my last available opportunity. It was really beautiful up there. The people are not at all friendly to non-muslim visitors, but it was worth the effort to go up as you will see from the pictures.
After that, I went to the Temple Institute to see all the fancy temple implements they've made thus far for the Third Temple - when and if that comes to be - it would require blowing up the aforementioned Dome of the Rock and Mosque..."Oh the wheels in my head have been turning. A dangerous pasttime. I know!" (name that Disney movie)
After THAT, I made a final stop to the cemetery where Oskar Schindler is burried. It's been locked each time I've tried and as luck would have it, it was open this morning, so...I did ALL that in time to make it to class only a few minutes late. What a morning!
I'll try to put the pictures up later this afternoon.
For those who care about such things, I got a 92 on my orals. Yay me!
Az, Jalla, Bye!
This morning, I got up extra early to get a cab to the Temple Mount/Dome of the Rock. There are very sparse hours when they allow non-muslims up there and under extremely tight security, but I didn't want to not make it up this trip and today was my last available opportunity. It was really beautiful up there. The people are not at all friendly to non-muslim visitors, but it was worth the effort to go up as you will see from the pictures.
After that, I went to the Temple Institute to see all the fancy temple implements they've made thus far for the Third Temple - when and if that comes to be - it would require blowing up the aforementioned Dome of the Rock and Mosque..."Oh the wheels in my head have been turning. A dangerous pasttime. I know!" (name that Disney movie)
After THAT, I made a final stop to the cemetery where Oskar Schindler is burried. It's been locked each time I've tried and as luck would have it, it was open this morning, so...I did ALL that in time to make it to class only a few minutes late. What a morning!
I'll try to put the pictures up later this afternoon.
For those who care about such things, I got a 92 on my orals. Yay me!
Az, Jalla, Bye!

4 Comments:
A 92 doesn't sound like you sucked.
Scar from Lion King......We can't wait to see you! yay
-mary
um - no. on the right track though...older disney movie.
Ursula the evil octopus from little mermaid- am I right???
Have a safe trip home!
-Todd :)
Post a Comment
<< Home